The Internal Grants Program (IGP) Graduate Competition is accepting applications for fiscal year 2022 until Wednesday, December 15, 2021. Interested in learning more? These sessions will introduce you to the different student programs, eligibility requirements, submission portal, and application and review processes. You will also have an opportunity to ask questions.
- Tuesday, November 9 from 10:30-11:30 AM – Register Now
- Wednesday, November 10 from 1:00-2:00 PM – Register Now
- Monday, November 15 from 10:30-11:30 AM – Register Now
All proposals are due by 5:00 p.m. on the deadline date. Contact Melissa Burant, the IGP Coordinator at CFAES-IGP@osu.edu.
There are various levels of support available to help you draft a winning proposal. We encourage you to start writing early and take advantage of any and all resources provided.
- OSU Writing Center: Make an appointment with the writing center. You can virtually “drop off” documents to receive a 24-48 hour review or schedule an online live-chat appointment: https://cstw.osu.edu/our-programs/writing-center
- Communicating Science workshop led by Kayla Arnold, CFAES Graduate Education Program Manager
Tuesday, November 23, 4:00-5:00pm
It is incredibly important that scientists communicate their research in ways that the general public can understand. In this session, we will discuss tips on how to communicate your work to non-scientists as well as how to write a clear and concise project narrative. This session will be helpful for students submitting to the IGP Graduate Competition.
- Participate in our graduate competition peer review process! Peer review is only open to those who are working on an IGP proposal. Reviewers will be provided with instructions to aid with peer reviews. All who participate must agree to have a first draft prepared to send to their peer reviewer by Nov 30 and be able to provide comments by December 6. Full timeline below. We ask that your peer review draft include the project summary and project narrative at a minimum, but may include other portions of the proposal if you would like to receive more peer comments. Sign up to participate by Monday, November 22.
- November 22: deadline to sign up
- November 24: Peer reviewers will be assigned and all will receive further instructions
- November 29: Participants must send first draft to peer reviewer
- November 20 – December 6: Peer reviewers will provide comments and send back to author by Monday, December 6.
- December 11: Complete brief peer review survey included within instructions to be eligible for prize.
- December 16: IGP Graduate Competition Deadline