The Ohio State University provides emergency financial assistance to students who may otherwise be at risk of dropping out of the university due to an unexpected, unplanned, financial emergency. ELIGIBLE STUDENTS MAY APPLY FOR UP TO $1,000.
Resources are limited and students may only receive funding once.
Only currently enrolled students are eligible at this time.
WHAT IS A FINANCIAL EMERGENCY?
- Utility shut-off
- Car repair that will prevent you from traveling to campus
- Past-due medical bills
- Other needs considered on a case-by-case basis
- Tuition and fees
- Student health insurance
- Books and school supplies
- Parking (passes, ticket, etc.)
- Conference and travel expenses
- Technology (phone, electronic notebook, computer, etc.)
- Credit card payments
- Legal fees
- Transportation/commuting expenses
Please note that housing, living expenses, food, transportation, and commuting costs are anticipated part of your academic career and do not automatically qualify for emergency funding
To learn more information or apply, visit the Office of Student Life website: https://advocacy.osu.edu/emergency-financial-assistance/student-emergency-fund